DotAtionary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  DotAtionaryDotAtionary  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trilf's guide to farming!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trilf

Trilf

Trilf's guide to farming! Empty
PostSubject: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Welcome to my guide of farming, I will cover many such things to have a good life in farming. Smile In more guides and other stuff I'll include pictures to make the pain of reading better.

This guide focuses mainly on the early game. (1-Cool
Basic Points
-Don't die
-Don't run in like a maniac and start to harass like you think you're 1337
-Get some good lane control items
-Last hit
-Deny
-Harass
-Be cautious.

And, of course, this is how you farm really good, rewarding you will good exp and money. (Durr.)

Harassing

Harassing is the art of attacking one another, causing them to feel underpowered, fear of death, wasting time to go back home. Harassing requires a good aspect on the game, such as attacking a foe without losing alot of health. Sometimes, you can clash and be idiots and you guys both lose health, ending up being low levels or even death. Don't be stupid and harass with low health, you will suicide. Harassing will make them take larger risks, which is of course, a good thing. But do not be fooled with the enemy's low health, some can turn a fight around in an instant.

Harassing with Range is probably the easiest to do. All you have to have a little bit of timing, and you can do it. Bravo! But, seeing as most ranged heroes aren't STR types, you will have low health, and not as much damage as those STR types. It depends on what kind of range use you make.

Normal Attacks: Just to right-click a unit or press 'A' to attack
Spell Attacks: Targets an enemy with one of the spells your hero provides.

I preferably use my normal attack in early game, considering that I won't have enough mana supporting my spell harassing. I say early game because mostly everything in this guide applies to early game. Only because after level 6, people will start to go around lanes, killing people. This guide is just to make sure that you'll have a good future in the mid and late game. I'm raising a baby so it doesn't raise itself.

Harassing with Melee may and quite be harder, especially against a ranged hero. Don't forget that other heroes can harass too. You're either a STR or an AGI (other than Ogre Magi). So, you have a good arsenal of spells to use requiring not too much mana. But, you'll have to run all the way up to the opponent from your tower to the creep wave, to attack. And this also may provoke your opponent to attack back or make it equal. Not the best thing, but it's the only way if you're melee.

Lane Items

Items, the icing of a cake that will make you enjoy the meal better. Well, not really-- Items to support your lane control and dominance over the opponent requires a constant heal and mana regeneration. These items can be found at your base, and they're cheap too.

Ring of Regeneration - Truly a good core early item for ANY hero. It will keep you in lane in the long run of early game.
Ancient Tango of Essification - If you feel harassed a little, or having orange health, use one of these on a tree to heal to get your head back in the game.
Lesser Clarity Potion - If you choose to harass with spells, have these in the inventory. Buy this if you have excess money.
Healing Salve - You would mainly use this is in an emergency, or either the enemies you're facing are pretty strong early harassers.
Magic Stick - I'm not sure about this item yet, but I know it has pretty nice early game benefits. I need to get a feel for this first, I'll update this later.
Sobi Mask - Also a pretty core item for spell spammers, you could work your way to a Vladmir's Offering with this.

Many items have different purposes. And many items work well with a variety of heroes.

Last Hits

Last hitting will provide safer health rates and will get 2x more money than usual. But, this requires very good timing and skill.
Usually, this applies to melee heroes who are very fragile, like Time Void.
Last hitting is running up to a low health creep and getting the last hit, which will give you the bounty reward and the expirience. You may not have to last-hit with every hero, but it will still be rendered extremely useful to making a difference in the game. You may do this with ranged heroes also.

Denying

Denying is a good strategy from delaying heroes not to get too much gold or experience. It is the art of sacrifice. In order to do this you must attack your own creep at low health (click attack or press 'a'). This will deny enemies from last hitting or getting expirience, creating level gaps.
Also will require a lot of skill and timing.

So, remember to cautious in games. There are 8100 different hero combination and allies in the whole game of dota, giving a different experience and game play.
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

Location : First you must go to the water. Search for the independent clauses. Find the oxidation number of CO2

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 6:50 pm

Really neat guide but can you add some for the new version.
Back to top Go down
http://pinoydotablog.blogspot.com
MighT-and-MagiC

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 am

Adding some picts and improve the layout will make it archieved in d general guide section I guess..
Back to top Go down
Trilf

Trilf

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Yeah.. I'll put more effort into any guide I make later.. I'm probably going to add some pictures and improve some of this later..
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

Location : First you must go to the water. Search for the independent clauses. Find the oxidation number of CO2

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:01 pm

That's it.
Do more better job.
Back to top Go down
angelic tutpikz

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 6:13 pm

i'll try to make a guide next time..but i think i'm not competent enough to write one..

BTW change the title to Trilf's guide to lane control
Back to top Go down
ExcalibuR
EAD Teams
ExcalibuR

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 12:10 am

It is not about competance, it is about effort and courage Smile
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Yeah,

like mine.

I want that the staff help me with the guide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trilf's guide to farming!   Trilf's guide to farming! Empty

Back to top Go down

Trilf's guide to farming!
Page 1 of 1