DotAtionary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  DotAtionaryDotAtionary  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sand King

Go down 
+4
KB
MighT-and-MagiC
Trilf
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Sand King   Sand King EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Sand king : located at the Twilight tavern, str type, 128 attack range, skills; Burrowstrike, Sand storm, Caustic finale, Epicenter (Powerful combat hero that is at home with the earth.)
Back to top Go down
http://dotationary.wow3.info
Trilf

Trilf

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 pm

Is this build okay: (It's in order)

2 Bracers (sell these later for room for HoT)
Power Treads STR (switch to BoT late game)
BattleFury
BKB
Radiance
HoT
Kelen's Dagger/Assault Cuirass/Hood of Defiance/Another HoT (depends on how game's going)

I like this hero alot. Heavy early-mid game killer, a sort-of support hero late game.
Back to top Go down
MighT-and-MagiC

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 6:32 pm

Imo kellen + bkb isnt effective...
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

Location : First you must go to the water. Search for the independent clauses. Find the oxidation number of CO2

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Kelen Lothar's build, wanna like it!
Back to top Go down
http://pinoydotablog.blogspot.com
Admin
Admin

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am

Kellen for epi-blink combo...
while BKB for BKB-burrow-epi combo...
Back to top Go down
http://dotationary.wow3.info
Trilf

Trilf

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 2:41 pm

Thanks admin for clarifying, This is a great combo
Back to top Go down
ExcalibuR
EAD Teams
ExcalibuR

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 9:57 pm

I usualy rush BF asap for better farming...
Back to top Go down
Trilf

Trilf

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 4:40 pm

That's what I usually would do if I'm not threatened..
Back to top Go down
deltawman

deltawman

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Build item Up 2 u...
Just be good at farming
Power tread, battle fury 2, Blink dagger , BKB/HoT , Cuirass / SY
Back to top Go down
MighT-and-MagiC

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:24 am

Radiance also good for him...
Back to top Go down
deltawman

deltawman

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:31 am

MighT-and-MagiC wrote:
Radiance also good for him...

Yeah... but battle fury better... Coz radiance passive skill didn't work with it's third skill...
Battle fury better... More regen... Mp Hp...
Back to top Go down
GTXInsane

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:32 am

Quote :

Note to everyone. SK is NOT a DPS hero, thus items like Battlefuries and SnYs or Desolators and MKBS suck on him. At most he's a support AoE caster, much like Earthshaker. Your job is to land a perfect blink eco in team fights and have enough mana to support you spamming burrowstrike. Fury sucks on him because you dont attack and epicenter makes your opponents spread out, the regen is counter acted by bottle as well.

BoT->Bottle/Bracers->Blink will always be the only items he needs. BKB/HoT/Linkens/Cuirass etc will also be for luxuries. Rad is only good if you can farm for it, and the common misconception on SK is that he farms fast because of Burrowstrike/Caustic, but you should always leave your farming to the carry heroes. Sandking is a ganker, not a DPS hero like troll etc. In fact, it's the worst role he can do in a team.
Back to top Go down
deltawman

deltawman

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 am

GTXInsane wrote:
Quote :

Note to everyone. SK is NOT a DPS hero, thus items like Battlefuries and SnYs or Desolators and MKBS suck on him. At most he's a support AoE caster, much like Earthshaker. Your job is to land a perfect blink eco in team fights and have enough mana to support you spamming burrowstrike. Fury sucks on him because you dont attack and epicenter makes your opponents spread out, the regen is counter acted by bottle as well.

BoT->Bottle/Bracers->Blink will always be the only items he needs. BKB/HoT/Linkens/Cuirass etc will also be for luxuries. Rad is only good if you can farm for it, and the common misconception on SK is that he farms fast because of Burrowstrike/Caustic, but you should always leave your farming to the carry heroes. Sandking is a ganker, not a DPS hero like troll etc. In fact, it's the worst role he can do in a team.

-_-a

I use this hero as killer... Zzz...
And always success
Back to top Go down
GTXInsane

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Replay please. None of those pub replays you play. I want international competitive replays that use your "killer" item build and own. None of those pubs, if you can show me MyM, SK, KS.int, JOY or x6 or any other competitive replay. Then i shall concede.
Back to top Go down
TwistedFirestarter
DotAtionary Elder
TwistedFirestarter

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 5:05 pm

A killer SK doesn't have to focus on dps... You would just have to land a decent epicenter and follow up with a burrowstrike or some teamwork if not alone.

And i dare to challenge your "sk farming misconception". True burrow & caustic don't work so well but i feel that its because that combo is inefficient in a way (unless maybe you had a strong, constant source of mana regen). Caustic finale can and does help sk farm alot better just by itself. If you have the right timing, you can work wonders i.e you could last hit a creep (within the aoe of caustic) that would otherwise be denied (earning you extra $$$) AND severely annoy your opponent (if they get too close or are melee), something like hitting two birds with one stone Lol.

And lastly, the replays you want from deltawman. Asking for that kind of replay might be a bit much don't you think? Scales might just be tipping ever so slightly in your favor... >_<

Back to top Go down
GTXInsane

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 5:23 pm

Quote :
A killer SK doesn't have to focus on dps... You would just have to land a decent epicenter and follow up with a burrowstrike or some teamwork if not alone.

By killer i mean carry heroes. Heroes that rely on pure brute phsical attacking power or low CD high damage spells. Tinker/Zeus are good early carries, PA/TW/FV/TB/Spec are good examples of late game carries. Otherwise, if we were to classify the term killer with every hero that can pwn anybody via skills. Let's just classify them all as such right?

HINT: Put into DotAtionary terms Carry, Support, Tank, Nuker, Disabler etc.

Quote :
unless maybe you had a strong, constant source of mana regen

Simple rune whoring, or if you've got any gankers in your team that can make better use of the runes, Bottle-Crow micro is enough to support any source of mana if you're spamming burrowstrike.
Quote :

you could last hit a creep (within the aoe of caustic) that would otherwise be denied (earning you extra $$$) AND severely annoy your opponent (if they get too close or are melee), something like hitting two birds with one stone Lol.

I used to agree with the statement that caustic is great against melee heroes, but i find that Burrowstrike->Sandstorm is way better in terms of damage early on, as well as it gives you an pseudo-escape mechanism [unless they have an AoE stun]. Wards are easily counterable since you have Burrowstrike then whack at the suspecting ward anyway. If caustic lets you hit 2 birds with one stone, sandstorm allows you to hit 3.

[EDIT: On the, they'll just stay away from the AoE part, sandstorm AoE is 350. Which is enough to deter most melee heroes at that point. As for ranged counter parts, simply burrowstriking at their position then casting Sandstorm from that point is enough to put them out of exp range as well.]

Quote :

And lastly, the replays you want from deltawman. Asking for that kind of replay might be a bit much don't you think? Scales might just be tipping ever so slightly in your favor... >_<

This is because the reply he gave is senseless, and i find that most senseless replies have something to back their claim. I think the goal of this site is to educate anyway, i'm just here to correct most misconceptions about stuff.
Back to top Go down
deltawman

deltawman

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 10:21 pm

GTXInsane wrote:
Replay please. None of those pub replays you play. I want international competitive replays that use your "killer" item build and own. None of those pubs, if you can show me MyM, SK, KS.int, JOY or x6 or any other competitive replay. Then i shall concede.
Hmm... U MYM BLA"... Are u part of MYM???
Back to top Go down
GTXInsane

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Rofl. I've watched enough replays and played in at least IHs. So meh. Try watching replays son.
Back to top Go down
deltawman

deltawman

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 11:36 am

GTXInsane wrote:
Rofl. I've watched enough replays and played in at least IHs. So meh. Try watching replays son.

What is Rofl??? I DUNNO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

I AM FROM INDO!!!
Back to top Go down
GTXInsane

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Quote :

What is Rofl??? I DUNNO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

I AM FROM INDO!!!

Rolling on the floor laughing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sand King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand King   Sand King Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand King
Page 1 of 1