DotAtionary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  DotAtionaryDotAtionary  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ask the new guy a question thread!

Go down 
+6
angelic tutpikz
KB
MighT-and-MagiC
ExcalibuR
Trilf
GTXInsane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
GTXInsane

Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Magina's blink has lower final CD [5 opposed to 6] higher level 1 range [1000 opposed to 700].

Oh, don't bitch about the animation btw, i hope you already know that it's obvious.

Riki/Mort/CK has practically the same BStrikes, difference is that Mort has a higher final range [1000] compared to riki/cks [700].
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

Location : First you must go to the water. Search for the independent clauses. Find the oxidation number of CO2

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:00 pm

So which is better?
Back to top Go down
http://pinoydotablog.blogspot.com
GTXInsane

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 9:07 am

Blink is better, since it's more versitile. The only thing coming for blinkstrike is the damage, which becomes redundant as the game goes on. Plus, if you've been paying attention. BS only has 3/4 the range of blink.
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

Location : First you must go to the water. Search for the independent clauses. Find the oxidation number of CO2

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:20 pm

Okay thnx/
Back to top Go down
mentalcheez

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 4:37 am

hi all,

hmm gtx first i'd like to congratulate you on bringing a new member to dotationary geek ;

i was googling for a guide to kunkka and was linked to KB's guide. It seemed ok, although i had a few doubts about it. Then i scrolled to teh comments and saw your post

Quote :
First review of this guide.

Skill build is fine, though getting ghostship at 6 will rip your mana apart even if you have bottle. I suggest skipping it until you've maxed out both tide and torrent. The X early is a must to land torrents so i applaud you for that. Otherwise, aside from x and torrent, you won't find yourself needing GS until later on. Let's admit it, GS isn't the most reliable skill in the game.

Item build.

Fiddles on the Satanic, if you're playing him carry, then you SHOULD have BKB. But then again, he sucks as a primary carry and functions more as a gank/tank hybrid. And as an insane farmer, screw the treads, go BoT, the attack speed is redundant early on since you won't be auto attacking [you'll only be doing so in last hitting, and harassing with tidebringer]. Armlet will give you enough attack speed anyway. If you need to counteract on the regen, MoM will be enough and the insane DPS it provides with Armlet is just rape.

Buriza, should only be gotten very, very late. In fact, aside from synergizing with 100% cleave, it does nothing. Heart or Cuirass should be the final Luxury items, makes you battle hard and gives you a decent amount of DPS. Rushing rad is also decent since you'll be raping people from close range anyway. BKB as i suggested, because once you're disabled, 100% crit cleaves don't proc. EVER.

So aside from Bottle and Armlet, BoT>PT [mapcontrol gank], MoM>Satanic [cheaper, more DPS, synergy with armlet], Heart/Cuirass>Buriza [realizes your role as a tank and secondary DPS].

Oh, Lothars still suck even after the change. Scrap it, get battlefury or place buriza in that slot. If you really just want to be annoying, blink.

lol which clarified most things...but im not quite sure about the item build you would prefer (you just commented on KB's item build). I am in no means suggesting that KB's item build/guide is not good, but i prefer the justification you give for certain things more...so now to my question...

What item build would you suggest for Kunkka and in which order should i buy those items? Im not sure how much you have played with kunkka but could you please add a few tips for using him aswell, because i see alot of potential in him. alien
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

PostSubject: The Author's Reply   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:04 pm

You post in the wrong topic but okay..

Okay, The Item build that I suggest is first:

Carry/killer:
1stBottle
2ndPower Treads
3rdHelm of dominator
4thSnY
5thArmlet
6thTurn HoD to Satanic
Option Items
Necronomicon
Skadi
Battle Fury

Now, I play Kunnka which item build is now random, and now depends on the scenario.
Back to top Go down
MighT-and-MagiC

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Satanic with S&Y ?
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Ignore Maim, just enjoy lifesteal!!
Back to top Go down
deltawman

deltawman

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:28 pm

SY just take the MS effect and AS...

Inappropriate Image deleted. Please refrain from posting such images again
-TFS
Back to top Go down
GTXInsane

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 10:52 am

Quote :
What item build would you suggest for Kunkka and in which order should i buy those items? Im not sure how much you have played with kunkka but could you please add a few tips for using him aswell, because i see alot of potential in him. alien

KB answered them most. Anyways, gauntlets/branches/circlets early on. A chicken will also help. Bottle rush is always a must, finish bracers or get a vit booster to boost your HP, Boots for chasing as usual. If you plan to go DPS, take armlet as you gank to and fro lanes, by this time your DPS should already be rape and should aim for either 1) Battlefury or 2) Crystalys or 3) BKB if you think you need to fit DPS role [as your team lacks it for some reason]. After your main DPS item, Heart/Cuirass/Satanic should help. Finish BoT between your first DPS and luxury item.

Quote :

SY just take the MS effect and AS...

Making SnY useless all in all [half of it's usefullness is in maim really]. If you need the lifesteal to stack with SnY, Vlads though a subpar item, is a viable alternative, but i do suggest skipping SnY altogether and just get somethingl like heart or rad for the same price.
Back to top Go down
MighT-and-MagiC

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 12:11 am

I often see Kunkka with BF, rad, but seldom see S&Y though...
Back to top Go down
mentalcheez

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:36 pm

K thanks GTX and KB Very Happy , will put that into play hehehe, pwnage time? xD
Back to top Go down
KB
DotAtionary Elder
KB

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Can be???

Dandandannnnnn.......
Back to top Go down
GTXInsane

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Meh. Sorry for being so inactive, but then again, the site itself isn't so active either. Anyways, i'll be resuming answering questions by this post, and will try my best to answer them in a weekly basis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask the new guy a question thread!   Ask the new guy a question thread! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask the new guy a question thread!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DotAtionary :: DotA-Allstars :: DotA Questions and Answers-
Jump to: